- There has been such an improvement in speech recognition in the past 3 years that it is no longer necessary to buy the expensive medical or legal packages for dictation.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred at $200 complete is more than sufficient to dictate into any of the Clinical Record Keeper programs.
- You might think it is overkill for a modest record keeping system, but the convenience and speed of using a hand held recorder or a headset is very useful.
- They do a great job in turning out your records, reports and letters in short order.
- Dragon takes some getting used to.
- You have to speak clearly.
- You have to be in a relatively noise free environment.
- You have to learn a few commands of Dragon.
- The combination of a few mouse commands and Dragon has been a winner as far as longer reports are concerned.
- Disability evaluations?
- Two page letters?
- Reports of one type or another?
- All much faster with dictating software.
- Even shorter writings are easier if you are doing a lot of them at one time.
- Sit down, make a cup of tea, and have at it for an hour.
- You will be astounded at what you can accomplish and how little effort it takes.
- As you dictate you sit there. You aren't typing. That is less stressful.
- Clinics, in particular, where productivity is paramount find this solution helpful.
- This is called "making technology work for you"!
To return to the Full Description of CRK: Click Here
Charles M. Stewart, M.D.
Copyright 2006 Charles M. Stewart All rights reserved.