Fast Overview (2min 30secs).
today's clinical world, office efficiency is crucial. Paper-based
methods require extra work, lots of cabinet space, and chart shuffling. You know what I mean. Paper
records are often illegible, aren't portable, and can't be accessed quickly. Handwriting
is inefficient with the volume of work we have to do. (Average adult speed= 24 words per minute).
- You aren't getting paid for this work but it has to be done.
have so much energy. How do you want to spend yours?
- You need a solution that will be fast, easy to use, and that will make your record keeping more efficient.
- You need good file management, rapid access to your charts, and optional use of templates to organize your data.
- You need a method that is faster than 24 words per minute.
- You could really use portability of your files, and the ability to print or fax any file.
- Everything has to be secure.
- You need to have a psychotherapy note file that meets the HIPAA psychotherapy note exemption.
- You don't want a huge learning curve.
- You want to go home with more energy at the end of the day than you do now. You have enough to think about without having to do charts by hand.
Wouldn't you like to create better records faster than you do now?
In 1990 I spent a lot of time deciding just what I needed in my own busy outpatient psychiatric practice.
- I had 8 filing cabinets bulging with files and more on the way.
- I had used three of the larger office management software programs and found them to be awkward to use, slow to navigate, and not very flexible.
- I spent a lot of time looking at the functions of the big boys, i.e. programs that cost $50,000 and up.
- It took some time, but I was desperate.
- Surprisingly, all of their record keeping functions were pretty apparent.
- It is easy looking back on it, but I eventually found third party software that could duplicate their record keeping functions.
- After that it was just putting the pieces together for the solution to my record keeping problems.
- Then a colleague bribed me with money for a copy of one of my programs and I suddenly realized that others might find my software useful.
- Did you ever think you might use a computer program for your records?
- I never did either until I began to do it. Then the advantages popped out at me. So....
I created a program
- Clinical Record Keeper looks like a filing cabinet.
- You can find a chart quickly because all files are out in the open.
- Management of your files is super fast with this method.
- Data entry by keyboard. Use templates if you want.
- Key commands and an abbreviation function greatly speed your data entry if you use them.
- The average typist does 40-50 words per minute all day long! Many practitioners are much faster.
psychotherapy notes are separate (meets the HIPAA psychotherapy note exemption).
- Make individual
managed care Outpatient Treatment Requests using a template. (Then just update them quickly).
- Do you use individual Treatment plans? Try a template. Make an individual Rx plan. Then edit it and send it in again. (Save more time!)
- Current medications section, prescription, med changes, and Lab record
and fast backup. USB drives, 120 seconds, start to finish
- Clinical Record Keeper does
not do accounting or print HCFA's.
- If you need a Statement of Account (ledger type) for monthly billing it has one. No printed envelope needed.
- You can adapt CRK to your practice easily. 22 editable templates, 8 informational files and very complete directions for working efficiently.
- CRK runs
much faster and is much easier to use than large, multi-purpose office management programs.
- Clinical Record Keeper was designed for record keeping and record keeping only.
- It has only one function and it does it really well.
with extra features. You won't believe how many.
- You can use voice dictation software.
- The combination of Dragon Naturally Speaking (obtained separately) and a good microphone can help you turn out longer reports at greatly increased speeds. Typical speed is 100 words per minute.
- No upgrades needed. No maintenance fees.
- Simple to learn and use.
- Novices use my program right out of the box.
The goal here is to use less time and energy to create, access and use your records. That was my goal for myself and it really works!
use computer records? What's in it for you?
- You get your records done much faster than handwriting.You greatly reduce filing, pulling charts, and cabinet space.
- Your records can be portable.
on a laptop or a USB drive your records can be taken anywhere.
requires much less energy and is twice as fast as handwriting, especially with practice.
- Your records
are more organized, more compact, and more legible than paper records.
- Any record
can be accessed in a fraction of the time that paper records can be.
- Using one of these programs
leaves you with more energy
at the end of the day. (Guess how I found that out?)
Am I making a good case for electronic records here? I want that extra time and energy for you.
What stands in your way?
may not know how to do it, or do it efficiently. I show you how, step by step.
You think your patients will object and not be as open with a computer in the room.
- I have been at this a long time and I use this program for my own records in my office.
- I don't have a secretary but do it all myself and go home with energy to spare!
have seen other programs that were scary in their complexity.
- I have studied this extensively and have good news for you.
are using another computer program that fights you. Clinical Record Keeper doesn't fight
- I simplified this program to make it fast and easy to use.
- Custom configurations available at no extra charge. See the Full Description.
Inertia. I can't help you there. You
have never seen my programs. You can do yourself a favor here.
- I have free, easily installed demos.
Don't take my word for it. Checkout the demos, and see how they work for yourself.
Simple Configuration or More Complex
- You do it, or I do it for you. Ad or subtract functions quickly. Look at the configurations shown in the full description of each program or e-mail me Click Here
- No charge for custom organization.
- My directions files are complete. I even have a Windows Media Viewer movie for you.
to the problem
- Clinical Record Keeper™ is the right tool for the job. Go
home at the end of the day with more energy and better records! Efficiency, here we come!
- 2 minutes 30 seconds! Thanks for hanging in there!
- Contact me for a downloadable demo and specify Clinical Record Keeper: Click Here
NOTE: A new version for the Mac OS has just been completed. Click Here to go to Clinical Record Keeper-Mac™
M. Stewart, M.D. Blueberry Harbor Software, Inc.
*To return to the Index home page: Click Here
*To return to the CRK-Plus home page: Click Here
*To return to the CRK home page: Click Here
Copyright 2008 Charles M. Stewart All rights reserved.